Our membership rates are shown below. Use our online form to sign up now!
|To 30 April 2018||1 May 2018 –
13 Nov 2018
|14 Nov 2018 –
31 Mar 2019
|1 Apr 2019 –|
|Adult attending (age 18+)||£60||£70||£80||£90|
|Adult low income (age 18+)||£30||£30||£30||£30|
An adult attending membership gives you access to all of the convention programme items, events, areas, and so on, for all four days of the convention.
Child memberships are available for anyone who will be between 5 and 17 years of age at the time of the convention. Like adult attending memberships, junior memberships give access to the the full four days of the convention. Child members must be accompanied by an adult member. In the event that some programme items are concerned with mature content, these will be clearly marked in the programme, and access may be restricted to adult members.
Children aged 0-4 at the time of the convention are eligible for an Infant membership. Infant memberships are free, but the children must be registered and accompanied by an adult.
A supporting membership allows you to support Ytterbium, even though you’re not actually attending the convention. Think of it as a membership that allows you to be there in spirit, but not in person. If you buy a supporting membership, and then find that you can come after all, you can upgrade your supporting membership to an adult attending membership by paying the difference between the two rates at the time.
Apocryphal memberships are for toys, so that your Beeblebear or Clanger can have a nice membership badge to wear, too.
We expect to offer day memberships for Ytterbium, so as to give people the chance to try out Eastercon, and to allow people to attend for some of the con without the costs of attending for the entire weekend. Day memberships will be available from mid-January 2019.
We hope to offer on-the-door memberships for Ytterbium, but this will depend on how close we are to our membership limit. We will publish a decision about on-the-door memberships well before we close advance booking.
Refunds and transfers
We cannot provide refunds for memberships, but, if you buy a membership and then find that you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your membership to someone else. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to do this. The full details of our policy on memberships, refunds and transfers are shown below.
- All memberships are non-refundable by Ytterbium.
- Memberships can be transferred between individuals. A cut-off date for completing transfers will be published closer to the convention. Ytterbium will not sanction the transfer of memberships after that date, and reserves the right to revoke any membership transferred after that date.
- Ytterbium does not sanction the transfer of memberships at a premium, i.e. above original face value. Ytterbium reserves the right to revoke any membership which has been transferred at a premium.
- If the transfer involves a change of category to a higher value (e.g. Child to Attending Adult), the person attending the convention will be responsible for paying the difference in cost to Ytterbium. Ytterbium reserves the right to revoke any membership where there has been a failure to make this supplemental payment.
- If the transfer involves a change of category to a lower level (e.g. Adult Attending to Child), no refund will be made by Ytterbium.
- The Ytterbium Facebook page may be used as a place to advertise the transfer of membership, but the convention is not held responsible if the membership fails to sell. Ytterbium does not sanction the use of any other form of advertising of transfer of membership.
- Please ensure that you have booked a membership before booking accommodation and travel. Ytterbium cannot be held liable for any costs of accommodation or travel incurred if a membership is not secured by the time of the convention, or if a membership is revoked.
- If you are transferring a membership and have also booked accommodation, you are responsible for cancelling your accommodation, or arranging for someone to take over your room booking and liability for payment for the room booking.
- Ytterbium reserves the right to revoke any block booking of multiple memberships where that block booking appears to Ytterbium to be designed to manipulate the wider access to memberships by individuals.